I like this tool! It is very easy to use — Chen N., iPulse Medical Ltd
1. In this tutorial we will show you how you can turn the text of a scanned PDF document searchable using the PDF Multitool.
Screenshot of Scanned PDF Source File
2. First, let’s open the scanned PDF file in the PDF Multitool.
3. When you right click on the document, you can toggle on the different options to see what the PDF document contains. In our case, the PDF file only contains an image object.
4. Click on the Make PDF Document Searchable function under the Utilities folder on the left panel explorer. This will open the settings page.
5. We will the leave the default settings. You can learn out more about the Optical Character Recognition here. If you would like to select a specific area in a PDF document to be searchable, check out this Selection Tool tutorial here.
6. Fantastic! We have successfully turned the scanned PDF file into a searchable PDF document.
In this tutorial we learned how to identify the objects inside a PDF file by toggling on the different object options. We also learned how to make the texts in a scanned PDF file searchable.
Screenshot of Searchable PDF Output File