I like this tool! It is very easy to use — Chen N., iPulse Medical Ltd
1. In this tutorial, we will show you how to select certain areas of text in a PDF document and only extract the selected part. We will use this 4-page sample PDF document and only extract the 1st paragraph on page 1.
Screenshot of Source PDF
2. First, let’s open the sample document in PDF Multitool.
3. Next, let’s click on the Select Tool so we can select the area that we want to extract.
4. Then, drag the cursor over to the 1st paragraph on page 1.
5. We are now ready to extract the 1st paragraph. On the left navigation panel, click on Extract as TXT under Data Extraction folder.
6. A new window will pop up. Let’s leave the default settings and click the Extract to File button to save the output in our local machine. To extract text with multiple columns, check out this tutorial here.
7. You can also select an area of a document or text by specifying the coordinates. Kindly right click on the document, select Developer Tool, and click on Custom Selection.
8. Then, you can enter the coordinates. This is very helpful when you are working on several files with the same structure and need to extract text in the same area.
9. Awesome! We have successfully extracted the 1st paragraph in a PDF document.
In this tutorial, we learned how to select text in two different ways. We also learned to extract the selected part and converted it to TXT.
Screenshot of Output TXT