I like this tool! It is very easy to use — Chen N., iPulse Medical Ltd
1. In this tutorial we will show you how to optimize or compress a PDF File using the PDF Multitool. Our sample document is a 2-page PDF file that contains text and 3 images with a file size of 329 KB.
Screenshot of a 2-page PDF Source File
Screenshot of Sample Document File Size
2. To get started, let’s open the sample PDF document in the PDF Multitool.
3. Then, expand the Utilities folder and click on the Optimize Document link.
4. On the Optimize PDF Document Window, you can select the Image Optimization Format, JPEG Quality, and Resolution. We will use the default settings and click on the Process Document button to save the optimized file.
5. Great! We have successfully compressed the PDF file. Below are the side by side comparison of the compressed and uncompressed PDF files and their corresponding file sizes.
In this tutorial we learned how to optimize or compress a PDF document to make your PDF file size smaller.
Screenshot of Uncompressed and Compressed PDF Files Side by Side
Screenshot of Uncompressed and Compressed Documents’ File Sizes