• Used for document management, tracking products and time, inventory management, item identification and marketing purposes.
• Widely used in automotive companies in Japan.
• Business cards often contain QR codes inscribed on them which may contain related information to the websites or the links to the resume of a person.
• QR code enabled scavenger hunt was introduced by Starbucks for promotion purposes which contained information regarding the hints encoded in the QR code.
• Darling National Wildlife Refuge in Florida (USA) uses QR codes in trails which contain links to the detailed information regarding the animals.
Funny Fact: In Seattle, QR codes are inscribed on graves which contain link to the detailed information about the deceased person.