Linear and 2-D Barcodes
Barcodes have now become an essential part of almost every Brick and Mortar Company. You will rarely find a product without a barcode Tag. Different types of barcodes are used for different purposes in business sectors. There are several advantages of using barcodes as compared to manual data entry. Typical usage of barcodes include
• Tracking sale and purchase of large number of items in an inventory.
• Barcodes are pasted sports tickets which allow one to enter a sports arena.
• Barcodes are often placed on gift tokens that when decoded tells which gift that token corresponds.
There are several reasons to prefer Barcodes over manual data entry. Following are some of the advantages of barcodes over manual data entry
• Barcodes are extremely fast to generate and read.
• Barcodes eliminate the possibility of human error in data entry.
• Wide variety of barcodes exists which serve different purposes, they are extremely versatile.
Types of barcodes
There are two major types of barcodes
1- Linear Barcodes
2- 2-D Barcodes