• It is not suitable for items which require large amount of information to be encoded. In that case, length of the code 39 barcode becomes too large which is not appropriate for encoding as well as decoding.
• Code 39 barcode can be easily damaged and distorted like any linear barcode.
• Code 39 is commonly used in store items, inventories, badges and similar everyday items.
• It is widely used in health sector and medical equipment.
• Used by the US Defense department (LOGMARS) for the military equipment.
• Used in airline and aviation industry on air plane parts.
Code 39 barcode should be used when small amount of information needs to be encoded.