Free Licenses for Cancer-Fighting Projects
Currently, cancer is a major world problem that all countries and organizations should be involved in to fight against the most difficult forms of cancer. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and was responsible for 8.8 million deaths in 2015. Globally, nearly 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. What is also very important, approximately 70% of deaths from cancer occur in low- and middle-income countries.
Financing cancer-fighting projects involve inciting people to participate in voluntary funds gathering through the acquisition of goods and services. For years ByteScout has provided free licenses for its SDK tools to non-profits and research projects over the world including anti-cancer projects and organizations. Dozens of really important projects saved their funds on development tools by participating in this program.
We are happy that some of the leading anti-cancer organizations and cancer research projects in the USA and Europe are already using ByteScout development tools to work with PDF documents, spreadsheets, barcodes. The fight against cancer should not know borders.
In order to support cancer-fighting related projects and help them to save funds (that instead can go to additional research, to support volunteers, etc) ByteScout provides FREE unlimited licenses (with no strings attached) for all our on-premise software products (including SDK tools) to projects, movements, initiatives, organizations, non-profits, academic researches related to:
- cancer awareness;
- research and awareness projects related to known cancer risk factors:
- Cancer-Causing Substances
- Chronic Inflammation
- Infectious Agents
To apply please CLICK HERE to contact the US to request a free license(s)
All applications are subject to manual review.
Some of Recent Use Cases
- Cancer Research Center (US): ByteScout technology is used in research finance for the purpose of document scanning and automation.
- Cancer Awareness Non-Profit (US): ByteScout technology is used in donation application processing.
- Free Popup Clinics (US): These clinics are 2 to 4-day operations in community centers and high school auditoriums and operated by volunteer medical professionals. They help over 4000 patients during the clinic with completely free medical services. ByteScout technology is used in the patient software to help manage paper documents. These clinics generate paper medical records, X-rays, doctors’ notes, and prescriptions, and due to the mobile and temporary nature of these clinics that paper is very difficult to manage. ByteScout is used to do OCR scans of the paper and automatically connect the files to the correct patient with no human intervention. Since these clinics are operated by untrained volunteers the automation of this process saves a huge amount of time and errors.
In 2018 there were over 60 free popup clinics like the one in the video around the country although most were much smaller, in the 300 to 400 patient range.
- Cancer Research Project (Europe): ByteScout is used to process documents with barcodes;
- Medical Records Software for Non-Profit (US): ByteScout is used to extract text from pdf documents for easy searching and organizing of files;
- Nephrology Information System (US): ByteScout is used to make sure that uploaded documents pertain to the patient it is uploaded to.
If you are a software vendor/maker and you also want to offer free licenses for your software to Cancer Research or Cancer Awareness projects then please contact us to be added to this page too.