Aside from syntax, there are also some other features and improvisations in the Coffeescript. Like variable scoping is improved, there’s no need to actually declare variables, just use desired variables and they are declared for you in the output.
Coffeescript or Typescript?
Following are some recommendations:
- For static type checking and a good tool chain support on Visual Studio, TypeScript is the option.
- If someone wants more concise, cleaner code and lots of syntactic sugar, choose Coffeescript.
- If coming from Ruby or Python, Coffeescript is likely to be a good option, as it’s a closer mental match.
- Small, clear language with lots of code examples.
- Effective after learning the basics.
- Good working tools provided.
- Developed by Microsoft (yes, some of developers may consider this as disadvantage)
- Similar syntax as in C/C++.