Codabar Barcode. Advantages, Limitations and Applications
|Codabar made with ByteScout Barcode SDK
|· Can be printed on simple dot-matrix printer.
· Codabar is an extremely barcode standard. It can be encoded and decoded by all types of printers ranging from simpler to complex ones.
· Simplest barcode standard, not much user training is required to understanding the encoding and decoding techniques.
· Can encode only numeric digits from 0-9 and small set of characters and alphabets.
· It has very small fault tolerance for damages and distortion. It is not easy to recover data even if small portion of these barcodes is damaged.
· If large amount of data has to be stored, like other linear barcode types, its length has to be increased.
· Extensively used in medical and surgical equipment owing to simple encoding and decoding technique.
· Used in shipping industry to recognize the parcels and shipments.
· Used in educational institutes and academic organizations.
· Codabar is used by several courier services in order to store information of the sender, receive and the item itself. To read codabar from scanned documents or photos you can use BarCode Reader SDK as on of the wide-used barcode software.