• It is a very high density barcode and can encode large amount of information in smaller area.
• The barcode is very easy to read and even a scanner, at an angle as acute as 45 degrees to the surface of the barcode, can easily decode the information
• Wide use of the scanner in Europe makes it very portable and no advanced scanning devices are required to decode the information
• Much suited to fast moving items on automatic machines.
• Checksum digit provided self-checking mechanism.
• Can encode only numeric data, not alphabets and special characters.
• Like other linear barcodes, it has very small tolerance for damage and distortion and cannot be scanned in that case.