Generally speaking, programmers tend to be introverts. Not many people choose to study for a job that will have them living inside four walls, albeit distinct walls at times, for the rest of their life.
If you add in the extra hours and the irregular scheduling, then you will find a very socially-limited programmer. In this technological era though, being alone is basically a choice considering the infinite possibilities of finding a date, partner or hookup.
There are many mixed stories about online dating; some are a complete success while others will leave you frightened for a week.
There are important factors to consider before signing up with an online dating service. The main thing to look at is their privacy features and statements.
How much information are they asking for? What kind of information is it? How does the site protect that information? Those are three simple questions to ask before deciding on where to start looking for love. Another factor that plays a huge role is the price.
Not all websites that require monthly or yearly payments are better than the free ones. It all depends on how you want to go about it. Anyway, we have done the hard part for you and have compiled good dating sites that can meet any need.
If you get queasy at the idea of going out to meet strangers, fear no more. Start by getting to know someone online before making it an official visit to a public place. Texting has made communication more efficient, but nothing beats face-to-face interaction somewhere fun and at ease. The most amazing things happen when you conquer your fear.
Here you will find a list of the best 10 online dating sites that will find you, someone, to warm up those cold nights with. Read the website description to determine which site suits your needs accordingly and sign up to see what happens! Start scrolling and gaining a bigger social circle all in the comfort of your home (at the beginning at least anyway).
10 online dating sites you shouldn’t miss
- Anomo: This is a great site for those looking to remain anonymous as long as possible and not destroy their chances at love by doing so. This online dating site protects your privacy, allowing you to get to know someone before revealing your identity. It is a slow process but one that is worth it at the end if you are considering a steady relationship.
- eHarmony: An internationally known website thanks to their outstanding success rate in pairing up couples, this can be another option for serious dating. They offer a free version for those unwilling to pay. Their compatibility focused dating site gives you a better chance of connecting with someone faster than other sites.
- Zoosk: If you have had enough of handling computers and programs, you can check this one out. Zoosk is the simplest and easiest online dating site out there. Sign up flawlessly and start dating at your convenience, with no endless questions to answer. It is straight to the point for those introverts looking for the same thing.
- Match: If you are a programmer that is over 30 and single, then this might be the place for you. It is also for serious relationships with more mature singles to pick from. Free and paid versions are available.
- Elite Singles: This might sound snotty but if you feel like you have been successful in life and want another person that has achieved similar success as you, then welcome to Elite Singles.
- Adult Friend Finder: As the name of the website implies, this is only for hookups and casual dating. If you are currently avoiding steady relationships, then Adult Friend Finder is for you.
- Bumble: We have a site especially for the women programmers where it empowers females to take the initial step towards online dating. As an added bonus, it keeps away those toxic and unsolicited messages from your inbox. It’s a win-win.
- Coffee Meets Bagel: Forget about Tinder and consider this new application. You get to create a quality match, with no useless swiping. Only two versions are available. Welcome to cellphone dating.
- Single and Shy: If there ever was a website for introverts, this is probably the cream of the crop. Filled with nifty tips to put all that shyness away, you are sure to meet another single introvert soon enough. It is one of the decently priced dating applications out there, though a free option also exists.
- OkCupid: This is another online dating app with an extensive database of singles, plus cool perks, even in the free version. With various payments available as well, OkCupid is a popular dating site to start off with for singles looking for casual or serious dating choices.
About the Author
ByteScout Team of Writers
ByteScout has a team of professional writers specialized in different technical topics. We select the best writers to cover interesting and trending topics for our readers. We love developers and we hope our articles help you learn about programming and programmers.